Centre for Interdisciplinary Collaboration in the Arts and Sciences (CICAS)
Who Are We?
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
In addition to fostering local connections, the centre advocates the importance of trans-disciplinary research that spans disciplinary and institutional boundaries, as well as encourages international research partnerships.
What Is Our Mandate?
- To provide an intellectual, innovative base for connecting with scholars locally, nationally, and worldwide.
- To cultivate trans-disciplinary, local, and international research at Nipissing University.
- To combine new models of knowledge interfacing and digital interaction with leading-edge research that connects creative pedagogy with critical inquiry, but also mobilizes critical inquiry and research across cultural and economic divides.
- To shed light on disciplinary commonalities without diluting individual disciplines.
- To encourage creative approaches to pedagogy and learning.
- To emphasize diversity and equality.
- To foster a new generation of undergraduate and graduate student researchers.
Do you wish to be a part of the centre’s collaborative efforts? Check out our webpages, or email Dr. Pavlina Radia, Director of CICAS, at email@example.com for further information.