Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
All laboratory personnel should know the procedures for working safely and how to respond to emergencies. Laboratory personnel must always be aware of:
- The locations of emergency telephone numbers,
- The locations and use of emergency eyewash stations and safety showers,
- The locations and use of spill kits (chemical and biological),
- The location of and how to access applicable MSDS
- Glassware washing procedures,
- Limits on volumes of flammable and combustible liquids in their labs,
- Special requirements applicable to biohazardous substances,
- Hazardous waste disposal guidelines,
- SOPs for all applicable procedures and protocols.
- Emergency exits and evacuation routes,
- The locations of evacuation pull stations and fire extinguishers,
- The locations of gas shut-off valves
To that end, Nipissing University has instituted a mandatory Laboratory training program applicable to all individuals working in a laboratory environment. More information about Laboratory Safety Training can be found by clicking on the link below.
For information relating to Biosafety, please click on the link below.