Why Get Involved With NU Reads?
There are many reasons why our Reading Mentors become involved with NU Reads, but one thing is clear; every Reading Mentor takes away valuable experience that can be applied to various settings. As a reading mentor, you'll have the opportunity to:
- gain experience working one-on-one and/or in small groups with children aged 4-11;
- utilize various literacy-focused teaching strategies learned through education classes in a setting outside of the classroom and build upon prior experiences working with children;
- take away literacy-focused ideas and practices that can be used in future placements and teaching opportunities; and,
- become actively involved in the greater community of North Bay!
We offer both Saturday sessions at the North Bay Public Library and P.D.Day Events here on campus. Specific dates are determined each year.
How Can You Get Involved With NU Reads?
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
If you have any questions about becoming a Reading Mentor, please do not hesitate to contact us!
- Call us at 705.474.3450, ext. 4077
- Or email us at email@example.com